Re: register size (was :Re: [f-cpu] New VHDL Stuff)

On Fri, Mar 28, 2003 at 02:12:52PM +0100, cyrano@nerim.net wrote:
> Michael Riepe <michael@stud.uni-hannover.de> a écrit :
>
> > Hi F-gang!
> >
> <...>
> > 	* eu_asu/iadd.vhdl:
> > 		- auto-sizing unit (WIDTH must be a multiple of 64)
>
> What do you means by this ? You're unit could handle 128 bits integer number ?

No, chunk size remains limited to 64 bits (but register size isn't).
That is, you can handle two (or four, or eight, or even more) 64-bit
numbers at a time.

IMHO it doesn't make sense to have 128-bit numbers.  For most
practical purposes, 32 bits is already close to overkill.