Re: [f-cpu] New suggestion about call convention

> As I said, recursive functions will be handled separately (e.g. by always
> saving all registers used internally). Note that this does not apply to
> tail-recursive functions (which will be translated to ordinary loops by
> the compiler).

Maybe I wasn't very clear. There are not only recursive fonctions. There
can be non-trivial loops in the function call graph (e.g. A calls B
calls C calls A). And lots of funky stuff. Usually when you code
something there is no requirement about "keeping the function call
graph clean" ;-)) So people don't bother about it...

So you may end up with a program where lots of functions won't be
optimized at all because of that.