De: "Christophe Avoinne" <christophe.avoinne@laposte.net>
A: <f-cpu@seul.org>
Date: 25/11/02
Objet: Re: Re: [f-cpu] optional SRB

Personnaly, I use mmap() a lot when I need to read or write a file with
complex structures. That way, I access the file as if it is a memory
thru
word or structure pointers. It is very convenient for a search algorithm
or
creating a structural file. You don't need to explicetely use lseek(),
read() or write() functions, just a msync() or a munmap() then a close()
at
the end. Not speaking about the share and access rights you can give at
this
memory.