Re: [f-cpu] optional SRB

whygee@club-internet.fr wrote:

> Why ? because, as you wrote, it's dumb.
> it works well for one architecture or version,
> but then it becomes difficult to make it evolve...

But then does making things complex, make it better?
None the less software protocalls need to be well
defined now,before code gets written. Mind you
more dummy code needs to be written to find code
generation bottlenecks from high level langauges.
Also since the memory access times in the cache
is the limiting speed factor I don't think much more
speed improvments are possible at the hardware level.
Ben.