[f-cpu] Re: let me introduce myself

At 04:29 13.11.03 +0100, you wrote:

My name is Beat

I Like the concepts discussed so far. Especially the instruction-less approach.
TTA was abandoned long ago.

Please see http://f-cpu.seul.org/manual/ for more recent information.

An operation I already would have liked to have is a 90-degrees-rotation of a bit pattern.
This could be easily realized in TTA. Only a "re-wiring" of the bits is necessary.
This is very special case, which is only helpful for 8*8 Pattern and only for 1 bit depth.

Other suggestion I would like to make:
One register has already been reserved for constant 0
The same way, a register for +1 and -1 could be reserved.
This way, increment and decrement could be replaced by additions.
The -1 constant (0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF) is also interesting in conjunction with EXOR
to negate a value. Maybe the +1 register is even not necessary (replace by subtract -1).

Yet another suggestion:
Since no FPU is planned, a fixed-point arithmetic support could be considered useful.
On 64bit wide registers, we already get a reasonable precision for most applications.
This mainly affects shift operations after multiplications and divisions to re-align the
results.
There were plans for fixed-point arithmetic.

The list seems to be quite quiet. Is the project still alive?

As Yann Guidon, the main driving force in the past, posted on 25.10.03, there may be still some live here.