Re: [f-cpu] 'make it work' or 'make it fast' ?

On Sun, Oct 07, 2001 at 09:32:13AM -0600, Ben Franchuk wrote:
[...]
> > I guess I'm only dreaming, but can't we feed Alliance a netlist?
>
> What about using a macro  pre-processer for all that stuff.
> What about writing your own register-transfer-langage
> pre-processor for F-cpu. This way the output can be what ever
> format you want. It is not that I don't like high-level
> synthesis, it the fact that the two most popular languages are a
> bitch.

Definitely not.  A VHDL-to-Alliance converter, maybe -- if there is one.
But I'm not going to write one.  Nor do I want to define a new HDL
and write a (pre-)processor for it.  VHDL (the real one, not the crippled
Alliance subset) is good enough for me.