Re: [f-cpu] spec draft about booting F-CPU

Yann Guidon wrote:

>> Also would not splitting the CPU in to smaller segments
>> like CPU only Memory Management, I/O and Basic OS functions
>> handeled by other well abstracted CPU blocks?

A multi-tasking OS requires multi-threads running on
a single CPU to abstract OS functions. Look at Minux
for example 4 states 1) Irq/trap service 2) memory management
process 3) File & I/O process 4) user process.
Right now you trap for every OS service and time slice
a single cpu as the default. Multi-cpu's still follow
the same model. Even deicated hardware like smart I/O
can't make much improvment.
The default would be best if was deicated smart I/O.
If you don't have smart I/O then you fall back to
Multi-cpu operations. If that fails you fall back to
a single cpu. I think a generic standard I/O interface
can be developed but it requires thought at the system
rather than the CPU level.