Re: Re: [f-cpu] Re: Project short description

On Tue, Sep 04, 2001 at 09:44:26AM +0200, Juergen Goeritz wrote:
> [...] Is anybody working on a F-CPU
> compiler suite?

We have an early gcc port (not very useful at the moment).  Yann and I
both work on F-CPU assemblers (although with different goals in mind).
I also have a semi-finished ld somewhere, and a set of other tools (ar,
ranlib, strip, nm, mcs) that can be "recycled" easily since they are
(almost) processor-independent.

[...]
> >  If you take the risk to use F-CPU, your future is bright and
> >  clear, if it arrives. At least not before 2 years.
>
> :-) Did you read the mail of Michael? He told me that it's
> not yet clear when and if it will ever run. At least it is
> a big pitty that the participants work on it between some
> jobs for earning money...

At least you know both sides of the medal now ;)