Re: [f-cpu] Re: Testing Hardware

On Thu, 6 Sep 2001, Michael Riepe wrote:

> That's because Imul64 is not pipelined by default.  Please try the EU_IMU
> entity (in imu.vhdl).  It includes Imul64 in its pipelined (6-stage) form
> which should run faster (and take longer to compile, of course ;).

OK, I resynthesized the multiplier. Actually the compilation went much
faster (little over 1 hour only). Also this time I did the synthesis
without any speed constraints. The results were following with the same
VirtexII 6000-6 bf957.

Speed: ~72MHz
Utilization: 29%

I can try the same with some speed constaints and with retiming. But that
slows down the compilation quite much.