Re: [f-cpu] new scripts

On Sun, Sep 16, 2001 at 12:41:36AM +0200, Yann Guidon wrote:
> hello,
>
> I have enclosed
> the HOWTO and the new compilation scripts in this mail.
> I ask people to say what they think, if it
> is useful and help with them.

I cleaned them up a little bit, and also made them more portable.
They should now work with bash and (pd)ksh, and maybe also with
POSIX-compatible versions of sh.

> The shell scripts perform the configuration detection for
> the known tools and store the configuration in an autogenerated
> script for further use (it's a bit like a mini 'configure').

I guess I'll contribute a `real' autoconf-based configure script one
day...

> I have also found a way to ease the file management using
> bash's array capability. There are many (nasty) tricks so read the
> files :-)

They were nasty, and now they're gone ;)
File management is still as easy as before, though.
Without arrays :)

scripts-mr.tar.gz