Re: [f-cpu] last word about license ;-) was Re: encore une couche (was: Re: [f-cpu] License issues GPL/LGPL andJuergen Goeritz' SoC)

Michael Riepe a écrit :
[...]
> > http://www.opensource.org/docs/definition.html
> >
> > http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-software-for-freedom.html
>
> Does the F-CPU license really have to be compatible with the GPL?
>
> I really don't care about Open Source.  It only guarantees that you can
> get the source code, not that you can modify and/or redistribute it freely
> (that's the reason why Micro$oft hates the GPL, and *only* the GPL).

False ! RTFM see point 3 ! of the first url.

> I don't like this "you may have a look at it, but don't touch it" kind
> of licenses.  Or worse, "you may look at it and touch it, but all your
> modifications are automatically mine", which is also covered by the term
> Open Source, IIRC.  No, thank you.
>
> I know that I may not be able to stop them, but I'd like to make clear
> that I neither agree with nor support people or organizations who harass,
> threaten, hurt, torture or kill other people.  Freedom to use something

Who do it ?

> does not include freedom to abuse it -- and we're responsible for drawing
> the line between them.  In fact, all scientists, engineers and inventors
> are, but most of them tend to forget that fact, or ignore it.  Like RMS
> and/or the FSF did.

I have not thought enought to such philosophical point. But i imagine
that it make a lot of drawback, that could be dangerous for the future.

nicO