Re: [f-cpu] Something new to play with :)

On Tue, Sep 25, 2001 at 03:00:49AM +0200, Yann Guidon wrote:
[...]
> > It means: 66 MHz is pretty good (for an FPGA).  Although, know you
> > mentioned it... I *may* be able to do even better ;)
> i *knew* it ;-) i knew that you had something in mind and i know that
> it is possible to do better (hence my personal research)

I'll have to investigate the 4x4 approach more closely.  For an FPGA,
2x2 cells may make sense, too (especially when you have cells with 3-4
inputs and 2 outputs that can route the bits either parallel or crossed).

Other things that may result in a speed-up:

	- separate sign extension from the right shifter
	- improve/rewrite stage 2 decoder
	- separate shift and rotate operations (beware! code duplication)

[...]
> > > ggggrrrrrr i'll have to look at the sources :-)
> > Good idea ;)
> let's add an optical output to my flying calf first :-P

wtf is a "flying calf", and why does it need an optical output?

.o( pigs don't fly, so why should calves? )