No Subject

Hi peeps,

OCD comments as promised yesterday.

I wonder if we need the "Justification and Nature of Changes" section.  The
Changes read like requirements.

I offer this as a replacement for your opening paras:

Current situation

Software development today is a costly affair.  CASE tools have long been
advocated as the solution to this problem and yet most code is still hand
written.  The reasons given for this include:

(1) CASE tools are expensive.
(2) do not scale well to team use.
(3) are a pain to use.
(4) locks me in to one supplier by being incompatible with other vendors tools.

Justification for and nature of changes (or Background, Objectives and Scope?)

FreeCASE is an ambitious project which aims to provide an open implementation of
a CASE tool.  In this way, we hope to spread best practise software engineering
practises throughout the industry.

At its heart will be a Respository for the Software Models which will be
multi-user, Internet enabled and based on open standards.  Muliple diverse
clients are planed which will allow manipulation of the Software Models from all
platforms.

<<<

Req 6 Delete Model Tag.  I'd rather we weren't able to delete model tags.  I'd
prefer we were be able to filter which ones are displayed.  I have often deleted
files only to have to restore them from backups.  Alternatively we could make
this an administrator only function.

Alternatives and Trade Offs (right at end).  This conflicts with earlier
statements about the sandbox and having tools communicate with the client.  Or
am I being thick?

I agree with Danny's comments except where they conflict with mine. :o)

Thanks for your contribution Andrey!

Chris Moore