RE: (FC-Devel) Meta-Case tools and mutual interests

Alexander,

I am impressed with the ambition of your project, but I'm afraid that it is
beyond the scope of our interests or abilities.  We appreciate, of course,
the need for a comprehensive integrated development environment, and have
even made several attempts to get our arms around the problem.  However, we
have decided to focus on the specific problem of semantic modeling and
model-based development, rather than process per se.

I'll check my files and see if there is anything from our earlier work that
might be of use to you.  Our work is not unique, however, and there is a
fair amount of material already in the literature that talks about
integrated software process/product management environments, at least
philosophically and in broad operational terms.  ProSLCSE was one attempt at
such an environment, though it actually implemented only the process side.
It was too expensive and people weren't ready for it (the success of SEI's
CMM may have lowered this latter hurdle). As another example, the DARPA EDCS
program has a whole set of contractors looking at collaborative development
environments as well; you might check out the SEI pages describing this work
(http://www.sei.cmu.edu/community/edcs/).

Tom