(FC-Devel) Canvas widget

Hello,

Although there is some talk about wrapping existing tools to make them usable for FreeCASE, I think this is not the ultimate solution. There should be a dedicated (and flexible) client interface

In my previous investigation I found it most useful to create a canas widget that makes use of constraints for displaying it's contents. This is,IMHO, the most flexible way of drawing diagrams and so I think it will be useful to create such a widget.

For constraint resolving, check out the cassowary homepage:
http://www.cs.washington.edu/research/constraints/cassowary/index.html

If anybody has a better idea to spend my timeon, please let me know ;)

regards,

Arjan

NB. This does NOT mean that attempts to use DIA as client is a waste of time!