(FC-Devel) Repository

Hi again,

I've been poking about on the web and I've found some really interesting stuff:

MOF (Meta Object Facility) documents and IDL definition of UML at
http://www.omg.org/techprocess/meetings/schedule/Technology_Adoptions .html
UML is an instance of the MOF meta-metamodel.

XMI (XML Metadata Interchange) inc UML and MOF DTDs at
http://www.marketplace.unisys.com/urep/standard/

Partularly interesting to us is the following para (and Fig) from the XMI doc:

"XMI, together with MOF and UML form the core of the OMG repository architecture
that integrates object oriented modeling and design tools between each other and
with a MOF based extensible repository framework as illustrated in Figure 1-1.
This architecture allows tools to share metadata programmatically using CORBA
interfaces specified in the MOF and UML standards or by using XML based stream
(or file) containing MOF and UML compliant modeling specifications. This allows
the widest degree of latitude for tool, repository and object framework
developers and lowers the barrier to entry for implementing OMG metadata
standards."

Anybody admit/want to working on the repository? :-)

--
Chris M. Moore
Senior software engineer