Re: (FC-Devel) FreeCase requirements

Hi, Markus!

Thank you for good idea!  Being deeply inside repository it was difficult
for me to get a global sight on the whole stuff.

I've put it in my (home) project management system and will investigate it
in details in the next version.

MP> A huge distributed model repository now does not have this great
MP> unifying ``name standardizer''.  Besides the ``culture'' of radical
MP> analysis of language, I do not yet know of any other proper means,
MP> which leads to convergent naming in a heterogeneous world.  The
MP> question is, how can such a ``culture'' be implemented?  Or does
MP> anybody else have a fruitful hint for the golden way to convergent
MP> naming?  Or does anybody teach me, that we don't need convergent
MP> naming, because we have something better?

First, there will be no name clashes, since each model has it's own name
space.

The second part -- the usage of names and naming standarts in searching --
is more difficult.  I think more proper way to search for similar semantics
on _informal_ level would be free text search over Responsibilities of
model elements.  It is not standart property in UML (at least not in 1.1),
but I widely use it in my models and it helps greatly.

--
SY, Andrey V Khavryutchenko  http://www.kbi.kiev.ua/~akhavr
Freelance Software Engineer  Visit my site

Shick's Law:
	There is no problem a good miracle can't solve.