(FC-Devel) AFL 6: critics & ACID partitioning

architecture + feature list part 6

Jason:
> Luckily memory and CPU time are cheap
> and plentiful.  Some of the best features of Argo come from its
> relatively tight integration of model with analysis, model with code
> generation, and model with reverse engineering.  Design critics are
> active all the time and constantly interacting with the model and user

I've read Jason's (e.a.) paper "Software Architecture Critics in
Argo".
I can't wait to try.

> interface.  Code generation is (intended to be) done in a very
> incremental and interactive way so that the user can see how each
> model change affects the code immediately.  Likewise, reverse
> engineering (little more than parsing) should be integrated tightly
> enough that users can modify the code fragments shown in the "Source"
> tab and see the affects in the diagram or property tab immediately.
> Relying on IPC or launching external programs for analysis and code
> generation would almost certainly make Argo's current features too
> slow.

That's why we will have to be able to communicate
workable parts between stations.
It is also a reason to isolate the
'model'/'language feature' mapping.