Re: [freehaven-dev] clarifications about ramblings about mixmasters

with a little more thought, I've clarified some things. yay email and
all that :)

I think a replacement mixnet has 2 parts, one part is analogous to the
remailer blocks, while the other is essentially a repository for said
blocks.

A system ought be able to use an IPv6 subnet as anonymous nyms, and
the router corrisponding with that net as the repository. there's a
bunch stuff already existing to make that more distributed, and
reliable.

I'm not terribly fond of the idea of just extending remailer blocks to
use ip addresses, if for no other reason than an advasary can travere
addresses, or crack old ones at leisure. I'm not really sure what to
replace it with though. :(

The first part I think is the more valuable anyhow though. (the
routers-as-meeting-places)

seph