[freehaven-dev] Adult entertainment industry looks to file-sharing

http://www.cnn.com/2000/TECH/computing/08/23/nearly.free.sex.idg/index.html

"I have been contacted by several porn companies who expressed their
support for Freenet," reports Ian Clarke, Freenet's founder.

Gene Kan, lead programmer of Gnutella, estimates that "searches for porn
are a good chunk of searches -- around 30 percent at last check."

"It could be a major benefit for us," says David Schlesinger, VP for
Internet marketing at Vivid Video, a leading maker of pornographic
videos. "If surfers find a snippet from a movie, it might entice them
into buying the whole tape. We can actually turn these shared files into
mini-infomercials."

--
"Not all those who wander are lost."      mfreed@zeroknowledge.com