Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2000 06:01:12 -0500
From: Roger Dingledine <arma@mit.edu>
To: (list of interesting crypto people)
Subject: request for comments on Mixnet Reputations paper

We (Michael Freedman, David Molnar, and I) have been writing a submission
for the Info Hiding Workshop (http://chacs.nrl.navy.mil/IHW2001/),
and we'd be interested to have you take a look and give us your
reactions. I give the abstract below, and the paper itself is available
from http://freehaven.net/doc/mix-acc/mix-acc.ps (or .tex). Our submission
deadline is Dec 12 (Tuesday).

Abstract:
We describe a design for a reputation system that increases the reliability
and efficiency of remailer services. Our reputation system uses a MIX-net
in which nodes publish intermediate messages to a distributed public
ledger. These messages allow senders to verify the correctness of each
mixnet node and prove misbehavior. We suggest a simple model and metric
for evaluating the reliability of a MIX-net, and show that our reputation
system improves over randomly picking MIX nodes.

Thanks!
--Roger

----- End forwarded message -----