Re: [freehaven-dev] Attack on timing of trades

The problem of simultaneous exchange is an old one, and there are
a variety of approaches in the literature.  One of my favorites is
due to Silvio Micali, but it requires a trusted third party who can
adjudicate in the case of misbehavior.  In the case here, a trusted
third party is not to be found, although perhaps the protocol could
 use a number of other servers each to act as potential adjudicator...

I'm not sure where Silvio's paper appeared (if it has); you'll have
to ask him...

	Cheers,
	Ron