[freehaven-dev] [ota@transarc.com: Re: [Freenet-chat] Philosophy page - your opinions sought!]

----- Forwarded message from Ted Anderson <ota@transarc.com> -----

Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2000 10:40:50 -0500 (EST)
To: I.Clarke@dynamicblue.com
Subject: Re: [Freenet-chat] Philosophy page - your opinions sought!
Cc: freenet-chat@lists.sourceforge.net
From: Ted Anderson <ota@transarc.com>

This sound pretty good.  As you note changing someones position with
only a couple of paragraphs is unlikely.  However, it is desirable.  To
that end I would greatly beef up the references section.  Adding an
annotated bibliography on the subject would be very helpful in actually
changing minds.  Others have thought deeply and written eloquently on
this subject.  It should be possible to collect links to a half dozen or
so seminal works on the subject (even off the network).  RMS's work is a
good start, but you should augment this list of one.

Ted Anderson