[freehaven-dev] new proposal.tex in place

substantive changes (i'll also update the .ps file) :

11c11
< \lhead{Thesis Proposal 0.9}
---
> \lhead{Thesis Preproposal 0.1}
65,66d64
< \item The system must be modular enough that components can be upgraded
< in-place without impacting functionality.
89,92d86
< \item The system must provide a mechanism for smoothly adding servers
< to the servnet without impacting functionality.
< \item The system must provide a mechanism for recognizing inactive or
< dead servers and eventually no longer using or querying them.
552,555d544
< \subsubsection{Purging old nodes}
<
< foo bar baz
<
601,602c590,591
< information is very rare [is this true?].  The content-blindness of the system also
< makes it difficult to prosecute. \emph{2a, 2g}
---
> information is very rare.  The content-blindness of the system also
> makes it difficult to prosecute. \emph{2a,2g}
617,625d605
< \subsection{User Interface}
<
< The server operator should have some convenient interface by which he can specify
< parameters for the server, as well as status and statistics.  Similarly, the CGI's
< for doing retrieves and stores need to be convenient, and we will want to
< distribute a client-side application which automates the process of getting a
< reply block for the mixnet, building a key, and also reassembling the fragments
< after they've arrived.