Re: [freehaven-dev] [Fwd: Fling: to be snake oil, or not to be snake oil?]

Well, I'm not sure I'd call it snake oil, but it does suffer from a few
problems:

a) The philosophy page appears to be written by a loon.  It's not that
   he's coming on too strong -- he's wildly inconsistent and
   self-contradictory.

b) It's onion routing at the IP level.  It suffers from reliability problems
   similar to the ones we're familiar with.  They seem to be doing some
   dynamic restructuring of the onion blocks... of course, that brings us to

c) The things which reweave the routes have to be T3Ps.  Oops.

This last is the biggest problem.  I don't see any way to avoid using
T3Ps *and* avoid the reliability issues of onion routing without coming
up with Cool New Math to make it possible.

-Brian