Re: [freehaven-dev] Deletion of documents

On Sun, 12 Mar 2000, dmolnar wrote:
> seems that the private key must be kept around -- or at least unpublishing
> requests signed by the private key -- until unpublishing time.

OK. At the risk of being silly, one more point :

* Since we can create unpublishing requests signed by the private key,
  we _can_ delegate the ability to unpublish. We just give somebody
  else a copy of these signed requests. The problem is that now we need
  to communicate the signed unpublish request to someone else, and this
  could be noticed.

  The y=SHA1(x) allows the ability to unpublish to be delegated to someone
  without needing to contact them directly. As long as the y values are
  publically known we're OK.