Re: [freehaven-dev] (mix-acc) more ponderings about witnesses and receipts

On Tue, Mar 13, 2001 at 11:16:26PM -0500, Roger Dingledine wrote:
> <quibble>Note the "hold-receipt-til-queried" behavior I described in an
> earlier post; it just might be able to foil this binary search.</quibble>

Actually, I take this back.

The timestamps will handle this: if node i tries to stall like this,
either

a) it will obtain a receipt within a valid time window, in which case
it correctly passed on the message.
or
b) it will not obtain a receipt within a valid time window, in which
case the next hop won't be willing to 'backstamp' a receipt, so it's
just screwed.

--Roger