[gdiscuss] gdis update & news

Hi folks,

Well, gdis growth has been a little slow lately. This is partly due
to my post-doc at Delft winding down (but certainly not slowing down).
I'll be taking a little holiday in Ireland from July 10th until August,
so you brave gdis users out there will be on your own. After my holiday
I'll be moving back home to Australia - and gdis development will start
up again in earnest. In particular, I'll be doing a lot of work on
creating
and calculating properties of crystal surfaces.

Anyway, I've uploaded a new version to the home site. For the above
reasons, this will likely be the last (unless something urgent pops up)
for a while. The version has mostly minor changes, except for the fact
that I've started implementing a 3D molecular & solvent accessible
surface
calculation. It's not finished, which is why this is not a major
release.
I decided to write my own code because the stuff already out there (eg
Connolly) seems to have fairly restricted licenses attached. If anyone
has
(or knows of) such surface code that fits with the GPL, please let me
know.

Cheers.

--
Sean Fleming