Re: gEDA-user: Any PCB users used PCB Train?

>> Anyone got a good guess what they mean by 'flashed pads'? I've asked them,
>> but not got an answer yet (My guess are pads that are a different width
>> than the trace lines. Their technical document says they use 'flashed
>> pads' to recognise the ends of nets for electrical testing).
>
> Yes.  "Flashed" as opposed to "drawn".

[snip rest of excellent description of flashed pads.]

> If any of our wiki people cares to put most of this text in the wiki
> somewhere, it might be useful for others.

Thanks, Dan!  Done:

http://geda.seul.org/wiki/geda:pcb_tips

FWIW, I added a whole new section to the PCB tips page.  The section
will contain general information about the technology of PCB layout
and production, independent of the workings of gEDA/PCB or any other
layout program.  I placed your text there, along with a pointer to the
glossarty.  The hope is that the info contained in this new section
will be useful to newbies.  Everybody should please feel free to add
more expository text which might be of use to folks learning about
electronics.

Stuart