Re: gEDA-user: net labels question

OK, that's sort of what I thought- thanks.  It's just that I hate the
look of "+3_3V", but maybe "+3r3V" isn't so ugly.

The leading "+" is one of those problems.  Underscores are usually ok.
Embedded "+" is also sometimes a problem.  "foo+bar" ..  is that the
sum of foo and bar?

I agree with that Al is saying.

When I name nets, both using gschem *and* using commerical packages
like ViewDraw or (sn)orcad, I name them using only letters and numbers
(and occasionally an underbar).  Why tempt disaster?  Stick with names
which work in C or Fortran.

Therefore, in my usual naming scheme, the +3.3V power net is P3P3V
(Plus 3 Point 3 Volts), a -12V power net is M12V (Minus 12 Volts), an
output signal net might be Vout, and so on.

I think people who want to name nets things like +3.3V, or (gasp!) put
spaces in net names have been spoiled by the MacIntosh.  :-P

Stuart