Re: gEDA-user: Converting RS274D to RS274X

Jesse Gordon wrote:
> Ormund,
>
> If all else fails, and if you can find two documents describing in
> simple terms each of the formats, I'd be willing to try making a perl script
> to convert for you. But I'm pretty busy, so make sure there's not
> already such free solution :-)

There is something.

Gerber2eps - A program for converting Gerber RS-274D files
              to Encapsulated Postscript (EPS).

http://sourceforge.net/projects/gerber2eps

I wasn't able to get it to do useful translation of a Cadence
tool output, but it could be a starting point
for a D to X converter.  If you use c++...

John Griessen

--
Ecosensory   Austin TX