Re: gEDA-user: Parsing and writing schematics with Perl

On Mon, 2008-04-21 at 13:03 +0200, fricker wrote:
> > On 21 avr. 08, at 11:39, Peter Clifton wrote:
> >> On 21 avr. 08, at 10:22, fricker wrote:
> >>
> >> What I need to achieve all of this is a Perl module that offers:
> >> - readFiles(\@files) that returns a reference to an array of hashes
> >> (file names are pushed into the data structure)
> >> - writeFiles(\@data) that writes the data structure back into the
> >> files (file names are within the data structure already)
> >>
> >> I could package what I have and share it if anyone is interested.
> >
> > I think a lot of people would appreciate that, I'd certainly be
> > interested.
>
> Hum, what would be the best way to distribute (and maintain) such
> thing then?
> 1) make it part of the gEDA distribution
> 2) keep it independent and post it on CPAN, as Parser::gschem by example
> 3) ?
>
> My guess is that 2) is probably more effective, any other opinion?
> Please speak-up.

Its been a long time since I coded with Perl (aside from modifying
refdes_renum), so am not really up-to-date with how modules are
distributed. Is it a single .pm file, or a more complex archive?

Many contributors sign up for an account on http://www.gedasymbols.org/
and post their scripts, footprints, symbols there.

Best wishes,

Peter C.