Re: gEDA-user: Windows version of gerbv

> I tried installing the current version of gerbv under Win2K SP4.  It
> installed ok and started.  But when I tried opening a Gerber file it
> crashed.  It also crashed when I opened an XYRS file.  Is there
> something else I need to do?

What did it say when it crashed?  And what version of windows are you
using?

Note that the Windows version is experimental, and is not well
tested....

> I also can't find any info on the specs for the XYRS file.  That is
> what I am trying to do, verify that my XYRS file is correct, but I
> don't find anything like a standard for this.

There is no standard for the pick-place file.  Each machine vendor has
its own file format.  Fortunately, most formats are just ASCII CSV
with X, Y, rotation and side info recorded in a human readible
format.  Gerbv tries to guess what your pick/place file looks like,
but it is not omniscient.

You can always use a spreadsheet program to reorder and manipulate
your XYRS file if need be.

> My assembly house is telling me that my XYRS file has the rotations
> backwards, but it seems to me that the reference is arbitrary.

Interesting.....   What sense do they use to define rotations?  CW or
CCW?

Stuart