Re: gEDA-user: 3 questions on a 4 layer board

> I want to make a 4-layer board with the middle two layers being ground
> and power, so to my way of thinking the following is a reasonable layer
> and group assignment (I'm not using any surface mount devices on this
> particular board):
>
>  Group 1: component, component side
>  Group 2: GND
>  Group 3: Vcc
>  Group 4: solder, solder side

Ummmmmm, DJ, since you use this stackup, and it is the logical one, is
there any reason why this is not the default presented to the user
when PCB starts from scratch?

Like I said, I find the current "layer group" scheme confusing, and
I'll bet lots of other folks do too.

Stuart