Re: gEDA-user: footprint critique request

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 7:23 PM, David Griffith <dgriffi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  Could I get someone to take a look at a footprint I made?  It's at
>  http://www.gedasymbols.org/user/david_griffith/footprints/rotary-switch.fp
>  and is intended to accept most typical 12-position rotary switches.  In
>  particular, it's for a Lorlin CK1046.  The data sheet may be found here:
>  http://www.mouser.com/catalog/specsheets/LN-800005.pdf

Are you sure that the drill diameter is correct? It looks like the
print is calling
out 59mils and you have 35mils.

The silkscreen body outline looks like it matches the spec and the silkscreen
spacing looks OK. I did not check the radius values of the pin placement.
I might leave out the smaller silkscreen circle.

I assume you are using the crosshair to aid in the drilling of a panel.

(* jcl *)

--
http://www.luciani.org