Re: gEDA-user: Outline disappears

On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 21:12:32 -0400, epswint wrote:

> When dragging objects in PCB I normally have a skeletal red outline of
> the affected objects, but the outline randomly (trouble-shooter's
> favorite bug description, I know) disappears.  Restarting PCB doesn't
> always seem to bring it back, either.  Am I inadvertently turning this
> feature off with other keyboard shortcuts, or could this be a bug?

You are not the only one. This is rather nasty. I reported sightings of
the bug on 5 Apr 08  in thread "pcb: loosing the preview..."

Me too, I got loss of preview most frequently during placement of
components. A readily identifiable sign of this state is if the red cross
of the local origin is invisible. I can reliably regain preview if I
toggle twice "lock-names" in the settings menu.

My pcb is a recently compiled cvs head version compiled with GTK HID

---<(kaimartin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak
http://lilalaser.de/blog