Re: About the Kestrel (was: Re: gEDA-user: Free Dog meetings at MIT starting this September!)

On Monday 23 August 2004 02:07 pm, Samuel A. Falvo II wrote:

> SMT chips.  Though, for sanity reasons, I'm probably not going to use
> SMT resistors or capacitors.  Those are just too small, even for me.  :)

If seeing these smaller and smaller parts is the problem, there is a simple
solution.

What I did is brow my wife's Camcorder and put a set of 40X Macro Lenses
on it, then mounted the camera on a photo-stand.  Then feed the Camcorder into
a old TV.

Takes a bit of practice to get use to watching the TV screen rather than hands
when soldering.

I know that is not the best solution for your kit issue, but maybe you could
sell macro lens as an option. :-)

--
                          http://www.softwaresafety.net/
 http://www.unusualresearch.com/ http://www.bpaddock.com/