Re: gEDA-user: Free Dog meetings at MIT starting this September!

On Aug 24, 2004, at 11:36 AM, Karel Kulhavý wrote:
But the SMT capacitors we are having here in retail stored don't have
any
numbers printed on them. Have you also encountered that problem?
Leave them in the package until you use them. With through-hole
components, I use little trays and get out all the parts I'll need
before I start soldering. But with SMT components, I leave them in
their little paper strips (the way they come when you buy more than two
or three of them...I buy SMT resistors a thousand at a time because of
Yes but sometimes you buy just one ore two.
Hmm, well I don't. :) Even if I only need one or two, I buy a thousand, because a thousand costs three dollars, and then I have them in stock for the next project. :-)

-Dave

--
Dave McGuire "...it's a matter of how tightly
Cape Coral, FL you pull the zip-tie." -Nadine Miller