Re: gEDA-user: PCB versions

On Fri, Aug 20, 2004 at 06:04:27AM +0000, Karel Kulhav? wrote:
> Hello
>
> Wouldn't it be please possible to make PCB display the same version in
> the "About" dialog as is stamped on the .tgz archive?

on my list for future snapshots.

> The all three most recent versions display "1.99p" which makes it
> difficult to tell what version I have currently installed. How is it
> possible to determine the version otherwise?

which is why I wanted to address your first question.

> clock@oberon:~$ pcb --version
> clock@oberon:~$
>
> Also this doesn't work:
>
> clock@oberon:~$ pcb --help
> clock@oberon:~$
>

> And this too ;-)
>
> clock@oberon:~$ man pcb
> No manual entry for pcb
>
> I am not sure if there is any manual page in the tarball however I didn't
> consciosly issue any explicit command to suppress it's installation.

no man page.  There is a manual in texinfo format as well as html and pdf format
shipped with PCB.  I just added a really really short man page which basically
says "there is no man page, go read the info manual or html or pdf manual".

-Dan