Re: gEDA-user: posts in HTML

On Fri, Aug 27, 2004 at 01:25:04PM -0400, Stuart Brorson wrote:
> Hmmm. . . .
>
> FWIW, it wasn't me.  My e-mail addr gets used as a spam addr
> occasionally because I have <mailto:> in lots of my web pages & the
> spammers have picked them up.
>
> Ales,
>
> 1.  I wonder if we need a more robust verificaiton system for the
> mailing lists now?  Some kind of challenge-response protocol for
> posting stuff to the list?

The problem is in the fact that e-mail lacks authentication. Common spam
is called denial of service attack, what happened to Stuart is called spoofing
attack.

We could use SILC which is however not a replacement for e-mail, because
is de facto a hardwired-encrypted IRC. The disadvantage would be each member
would have to have some screen permanently running with SILC client permanently
on and autologging set to Yes, to get logs of what has happened in the past.
The advantage would be we could chat online.

You can usually find me online on SILC by running SILC client with default
configuration and typing "/join ronja".
http://silcnet.org/software/users/client/
You can verify server key here:
http://sauna.silcnet.org/network/servers/

Does some kind of mailing list exist which requires a mail to be GPG signed
and then verified to come from the right person? I don't know about any.

I have also encoutered problems with PGP-GPG
incompatibility because my GPG refused to decode a PGP-key signed e-mail
because the key was not adhering to openpgp stadard or what.

Cl<