gEDA-user: ngspice plotting issues

Hey guys,

I recently installed the gEDA package from Debian 4.0 stable branch
and it works very well. However, it seems like ngspice is not included
in the install. Therefore, I compiled ngspice-rework-17 from source
without any configure flags (straight up ./configure; make; make
install).

I was able to create a netlist using gschem -> gnetlist and ngspice
successfully loads it. I get to the point where I perform a tran
simulation but I am not able to plot it. When I try to run the command
'plot out' I get an error 'Can't open viewport graphics'.

Do I have to enable any special flags like '--enable-xgraph'? Or do I
have to output the data as a raw file and use gnuplot to plot it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Amit