Re: gEDA-user: drill size editting in PCB

On Mon, Dec 06, 2004 at 04:32:01PM +0100, Shahab Sanjari wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> is there a possibility to list all different drill diameters (pads /
> vias) and edit them after layout job is done, in order to reduce them to
>  those standard values that the board-house likes? This reduces
> production cost naturally.

as some others have mentioned, you can use emacs/awk/perl/etc to edit
the .pcb file.

However, if you're using the latest CVS sources, there is a new
"vendor map" feature.  You can load in a list of vendor prefered drill
sizes and as you're instantiating footprints and adding vias, the
drill sizes will be automaticaly changed to a standard size.

You can also load the vendor file after a design is done, but you'll
want to run DRC again.  I think its fairly well documented in the
manual how the vendor file is written and loaded.  Please note that
the vendor code and the documentation for it only exists in the CVS
version currently.  The next snapshot will have it.

-Dan