Re: gEDA-user: gEDA gets some great press!

Talking about "clean, optimized UI" :

In gschem:

- how can I create a "palette" of basic components such as nmos, nmos3,
pmos, pmos3, polyresistor and so on (especially useful for
micro-electronic) ?

- Edition of properties is also very important in micro-electronic.  Can
someone point me how to create a panel (docking window or something)
with properties of selected component ?

Thanks

Richard

To add to the wishlist in matter of "clean, optimized UI":
- automatically put the name of the net next to the pin of the component
placed
- clean the "?" mess, give the opportunity to have read-only, derived,
calculated or default propterties (think of Cadence iPar(), cdsTerm(),
cdsName(), minimal L,W for transistors... and yes the actual autonumber)
- proposed a nice formatted presentation of properties next the the
component such as (W*M/L):
12u x 4
-------
   4u
- proposed some fonts ([serif,sans-serif,monspace],[italic,bold])
- a complex find and replace
- external images such as eps graphics.
- symbols with origin on the most useful pin (so negative points are
valid)
- when leaving the mouse over something, gives some info such as net
name
- separate pins from their figure representation. (driving to EDIF
someday)
- and many many other....