Re: gEDA-user: Schematics and layouts' nets thoughts

On Sun, 2007-12-16 at 11:55 +0100, Didier Villevalois wrote:

> Hello gEDA users,
>
> While making scripts to process gschem's schematic files and pcb's
> layout files, I bumped into two things that makes me scratching my head.
>
> Let me ask you whether i should make feature requests...
>
> Schematics files have nets defined as lines which have only start and
> end coordinates. So to know if a net's end is on a symbol instance pin
> you have to process each symbol instances and determine whether one
> their pin is as that net's end coordinate...
>
> I always thought that schematics should be logical files and not only
> graphic files. So would that be possible to have two additional
> arguments to nets (one for each net's end) to reference a symbol pin or
> another net's end.

Peter B and I were interested in doing "circuit + netlist" centric
data-structures internally in libgeda, so this brings you closer to an
export direct from libgeda of what you want.

If you want to extract connectivity information, the best way to go at
the moment, is to write a gnetlist backend.

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,
Engineering Department,