Re: gEDA-user: Examples for clever use of attributes?

> I am doing my first larger design with gEDA, so I have to do good
> bookkeeping.
>
> gnetlist -g BOM is very helpful, but I have to fill in the attributes...
>
> For ICs I have currently something like
>
> device=LM741
> footprint=SO8
>
> For resitors and coils
>
> device=RESISTOR
> value=100k
> footprint=0805
>
> device=COIL
> value=3.3u
> footprint=1206
>
> This is OK, but for (some) resistors I should add max voltage and power
> dissipation. For critical coils I must add the exact type...
>
> How should I do this best?
> Put all additional information in comment=... attributes?
> Or should I define my own attributes like PartNr, Vendor, ...

Use gattrib.  It provides you the ability to define arbitrary new
attributes, amonst other features.

> Is there a place where I can find some good examples?

http://www.brorson.com/gEDA/

Look for the file ProximitySensor.tar.gz.  That's a small project
which shows use of non-built-in attributes.

Have fun,

Stuart