Re: gEDA-user: Parts DB

On Dec 18, 2007, at 12:31 PM, Dave N6NZ wrote:

>>> You're right, of course.
>>
>>   So do you think it's feasible?
>
> In principal, sure.  But I really don't know much about the
> internals of
> gschem, so it's hard for me to assess the difficulty of actually
> wiring
> it up.  None of it is magic, though.

   I'm also unfamiliar with gschem's internals.  I wish I had more
time; I'd love to code this up.  I'd love to be able to, say, point
to your parts database server, point to DJs, point to Dan's, etc.,
and have stuff from everyone's libraries instantly accessible via the
Internet.  Such a database could be extended to include such things
as SPICE/gnucap models, footprints for PCB, PDF datasheets, suggested
vendors, "as seen" pricing and availability information, etc etc.

   WOWWOW that'd be powerful.  I'm drooling, here.

          -Dave

--
Dave McGuire
Port Charlotte, FL