Re: gEDA-user: libgeda build failure

On Dec 27, 2007, at 4:18 AM, Stuart Brorson wrote:

>> ./configure: line 28854: syntax error near unexpected token `0.35.0'
>> ./configure: line 28854: `IT_PROG_INTLTOOL(0.35.0)'
>
> This is happening because the macro IT_PROG_INTLTOOL present in
> configure.ac hasn't been expanded in your configure file.
>
> How did you run the top-level gEDA Makefile?  You should do something
> like:
>
> make reconfig && make install
>
> "make reconfig" re-runs the autotools on the code.
>
> If this doesn't help, you many need to update your autoconf utility.
> Do "autoconf --version"  and check that your autoconf version is up to
> date compared to that available from the GNU website.

It's autoconf 2.61, which is the latest version.

I did the make reconfig && make install and it failed in the same
location.

Interesting, in Makefile.in, found in gaf/libgeda/intl/, a comment
starting at line 311 says,

# We must not install the libintl.h/libintl.a files if we are on a
# system which has the GNU gettext() function in its C library or in a
# separate library.
# If you want to use the one which comes with this version of the
# package, you have to use `configure --with-included-gettext'.

So in gaf/libgeda, I did a ./configure --with-included-gettext and
that did not have an impression.

-a