Re: gEDA-user: Advanced grids in GTK Pcb

Hi all!
Thanks for replies.
Now i know my work is welcomed, so i will try to do it according to your
suggestions.

The main goals of my work is:
1. Make more than one level of grid. When we zoom out too far, grid now
not disappears, but replaces by super grid of another color. The amount
of zooming is controlled by Step field seen in my screenshot.
Colors are selectable via common colors menu settings.
This is done and need beta-testing.
2. Make more user grids and more user friendly grid management.
In current state of pcb, i see in source code many work on grids via menu
and via ./pcb-menu.res, but sorry it's almost not usable by me. Also
grids hardly separated to mil and mm groups, but i prefer one space for
all, because i work on boards where mil- and mm-based parts used together.
Change grid size by step is also not clear, IMHO. So i take attempt to
fix it.
I rework grid management so user has it's own preferable grids, mixed in
mil and mm, and (must) saved into pcb file.
This is almost done (except pcb file read, i modify file format) and need
beta-testing.
3. Make g (and maybe shift-g) keys to change active grid. Sorry, it's
interfere with current keybinding.
4. Introduce GridOrigin instance in replace of GridOffset one. The reason
for this is when i tie grid to object and then change grid size, grid is
dancing around my object but not fall in needed place.
Now it not only fixed, but grid origin can be now displayed on board via
special sign like 'Mark' sign.
Grid origin can now taken from visible 'Mark', which is IMHO more
professional than floating cursor pointing. (You place 'Mark' sign,
ensure it falls where need, then tie grid origin to 'mark').
This is done (except sign drawing, which is work, but need look of gtk
experts) and need beta-testing.
5. All grid settings must saved into pcb file.
This is in progress.
6. Match command-line grid related commands to new state of grid ideology.
This is planned.
7. Some other improvements partially done.

I will post my diff for beta testing soon.
Please suggest me a virus-free and registration-free service to post my
(big) screenshots. I think it's not a good idea (if even possible) to
post it directly here. Also where is best place to post beta diffs?
Thanks!