gEDA-user: gEDA-20040111 thanks and question

Hi Ales & gEDA-users --

Ales, thank you for releasing gEDA-20040111!  Your hard work on gEDA is
always appreciated.  I downloaded the release onto two different machines,
and was able to compile it without error on both.  (I did have some
problems with the earlier CVS versions, but in the release Ales fixed all
the problems which weren't my own fault.)

On one machine I am running RH7.X with an upgraded kernal and lots of
upgraded libraries.  It is still running GTK-1.2, however.  On the other
machine I am running RH9.0 with GTK-2.X and the latest autotools.  Compile
was successful on both.

On my GTK-1.2 system, gschem behaves in the usual way: In particular,
component attributes are one line only.  On my GTK-2.X system I can now
enter multi-line component attributes using the attrib dialog box.  Thanks
for fulfilling this feature request, Ales!  My question is this: Does this
feature work only on GTK-2.X versions, or should it also work under GTK-1.2?

Stuart