gEDA-user: Reload footprints into PCB?

Hi Guys --

Another PCB question.  I have a fully-routed PCB which I completed
over the weekend.  However, after inspecting the Gerbers I realize I
need to change some footprint parameters.  That's OK -- I can easily
regenerate the footprints.  However, having rebuilt the footprints,
how can I get the new footprints into my design in PCB without having
to delete the old footprints off my board & re-place all components?

Does gsch2pcb handle this automagically?  Or does PCB have a method to
reload all footprints?   I know that I can do a cut and paste job
using Emacs, but I'd like to avoid that if there is an easier method.

Thanks,

Stuart